Sunday, October 7, 2012

Apples and Fall

I don't know about you, but Kindergarten has to be the busiest grade level ever!  I feel like I don't sit down until I drive home from work.  But I love it.  There's just something about Kindergarten...

This past week we've been doing lots of reading about apples!  It's fall y'all!!  Here are some of the books we've been reading:




We are also reading other books about fall and fall leaves, but these are a few of my students' favorites.  In addition to our reading, we have been apple tasting, apple graph making, and Johnny Appleseed crafting.  The kids are loving it!

Here are some of the resources I used to create apple learning fun in my classroom:

A is for Apples from Oopsey Daisy Blog.  This packet is massive!  I am picking {no pun intended} and choosing a few things from this like the Apple Booklet for my kiddos.

 
I just love this blog: A Cupcake for the Teacher.  She creates the cutest "craftivities."  We are making these Johnny Appleseed crafts to go along with what we are learning about him.



Cute, right?  So far we have cut out all the pieces and will put him together this week.  We still need to do a mind map on Johnny so we can do some writing, but all things in good time.  :)  You can buy Ms. Cupcake's unit on TPT here.

I must remember to take some pics of my kiddos work!  I am such a crazy lady all day, I don't think of it.  We did some torn paper apples that are super cute displayed with our graph.  Pics to come!!  I promise.





0 comments:

Post a Comment