Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pets in the Classroom

I'm super excited to announce I recently applied for a grant from Pets in the Classroom, and I was approved!!  I got the package in the mail today, and I'm ready to run down to Petco now!  Only, I don't think the fish will last in the bags until Monday.  LOL
If you are interested in applying to get your own pet for your classroom, it's super easy!  Just go to their website here and choose which program you'd like to apply for.  Click on Grant App on the top of the page, read the info, and scroll down to the bottom.  Click choose your grant type, and decide where you'd like to apply.  I chose Petco, since it's here in town near Target, and I seem to end up there at least once a week!  You can then choose which type of pet is best for you and your classroom.  I chose fish, because I wouldn't have to worry about it over the weekends and such.

Here's what my classroom gets: a 10 gallon deluxe aquarium kit {everything is included!!}, and a coupon for $5 off the fish.  Sweet!!


You can also choose from other small animals depending on which grant you decide on.  You can choose from hamsters, guinea pigs, lizards, etc.  I didn't want something I felt bad about leaving in the classroom over any vacays.

So check it out!  What a great program, and super easy to apply for.  Thanks Pets in the Classroom!!!


 

2 comments:

Heather's Heart said...

That is so exciting for you and your kiddos! One year a teacher friend had her fish freeze to death over Christmas vacation. =(

I have a bunny but he does not come to school until my kiddos are properly trained. =)

I am happy to be your newest follower. If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me. My HUGE give away ends tonight. =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

KindergartenKapers said...

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :) Welcome!

Fortunately for my class' fish, we live in southern CA so I don't have to worry about them freezing! And the tank came with a heater. :) Poor fishies! LOL

Post a Comment